This contest is for those impacted by COVID-19
Since earlier this year, we have watched this global pandemic bring many businesses and industries to a complete standstill. Many more, while still running, have seen a huge decline in leads, customers and revenue.
Times are hard.
However, big obstacles always create even bigger opportunities. No, I am not just being idealistic, there is historical data to back me up. The Advertising Specialty Institute have pulled together 100 years of indicators that all point to the same conclusion: During tough economic periods, a businesses best course of action is to double down on branding and advertising.
During tough economic periods, a businesses best course of action is to double down on branding and advertising.
- An issue of Harvard Business Review from 1927 found that companies that continued to invest in brand through the 1923 recession came out 20% ahead of where they were before the recession.
- Across the recessions of 1949, 1954, 1958, and 1961, Buchen Advertising observed a correlation between a reduction in ad spend and a reduction in sales and profits. Importantly, those same companies lagged behind ones that maintained ad spend during the recession once the market recovered.
- In the 80s, McGraw Hill Research studied 600 B2B Companies during the recession and found that businesses that were aggressive about building their brand through advertising grew 275% more than those that didn’t.
- In the 90s, a MarketSense study found that a balance between brand-building and short-term performance programs yielded the best results for coming out the other side of a recession.
- Similarly, The IPA Databank recently found that a 60/40 blend between brand building and short-term response programs generated the best long-term market share results, regardless of market conditions.
I know what you’re thinking; your heart is willing, but your bank account is weak!
Well, we want to help with that.
Simple Story is giving away a FREE 30-second video to one (1) company that has been impacted by COVID-19. There are a lot of great companies out there that just need a little help to get them through this period. So if you are one of them, we want to hear from you.
Just fill out the form below and you will be entered into a draw to win a FREE video.
Contest open until June 17, 2020