In the first part of this insta-series, we learned exactly why Instagram is one of the best tools in a marketer’s toolbox, but there’s so much more to it than just putting out any kind of content.
Instagram gives you the unique opportunity to tell great stories through visual content, in a short simple sweet form. Initially, when Instagram rolled out, it was all about the pictures. Now, although the pictures are a very stable part of this tool, video is holding its own too. Of course, who would settle for a static image when video is known to have a much stronger impact on consumers?
A considerable number of users watch video content on Instagram regularly, and there is also a marked inclination towards those videos that make them laugh. About one in four Millennials actively seek out stories/videos of products and services they are considering purchasing.Compelling and concise Instagram videos can be shared on the feed or in stories and are extremely viable for creating high-converting ad campaigns that could drive engagement and help you gain more leads.
Now, you must be wondering, which videos work best, and which videos should I be putting out on there?
It can be tricky to know where to start creating videos especially because, with the rise of social media, the possibilities are endless. Deciding the type of video that is best suited for your marketing strategy is important. Although the sky’s the limit here, some videos reliably perform a little better on Instagram than the rest.
- Branding videos –If you want to focus on brand storytelling and brand awareness, you may want to go for this one. You would need to feature a unique selling proposition (USP) and design the video to attract a bigger audience to your brand. It’s less about a hard sell than it is an introduction and can be extremely beneficial.
- Product videos & tutorial videos –These exclusively focus on the products you are selling and tell you why the consumer needs this product their life. An Instagram video which highlights a product or service should be fun and creative. Choose a cover image that persuades people to click on the clip, and keep your videos focused on a single subject to hold attention (note: Instagram feed videos are limited to 60 seconds in length).
- Educational videos –What marketers on Instagram often do is to use outbound marketing to enhance inbound marketing. You are just letting people know about your industry and sometimes leave out the product altogether. This helps relationship building and establishing credibility.
- Live videos –Use this opportunity to engage in Q&As, answer user questions, show tutorials for a more interactive user experience.
- Influencer Marketing videos –Partnering with a relevant influencer to take over your Instagram story allows you to introduce your content to their audience and has become a powerful way to get people on board with your brand.Instagram is filled with influencers nowadays and all you have to do is reach out to one that aligns with your brands values and can speak to that niche soundly.
An important aspect is that you should always remember regardless of the kind of video your putting out, is to humanize your brand. Social media has blurred the lines of communication between companies and audiences, and people need a reason to follow your brand. Brands can, hence, be more transparent and open with their audience. Instagram videos provide brands the opportunity to honestly showcase what their products are all about, thereby connecting with customers and building trust. Overall, your approach to your next Instagram video will make a huge difference in how people see and interact with your brand.
To conclude, it’s worthwhile to say that Instagram video ads are here to stay, and you must be ready to leverage this platform, maximize your impact and radically enhance your social media presence. Learning the ins and outs of Instagram is only the very first step you need to take to ensure your success on this platform. Contact us today to see how we can optimize your content for Instagram and get you #trending on the gram!